Sunday, February 22, 2009

Time for a change of routine!

This week has been a challenge. I am doing a run next weekend and have been training for it for several months now. This week I am feeling burned out and ready to move on to a different workout routine. I have also been doing the same weight training program for 7 weeks now and I am noticing I need a change there also. I notice this because I am not feeling the same burning sensation after the workouts and mentally I am not feeling challenged as much. I am still working really hard and increasing my weights but my body is very comfortable with the lifts I have been doing. This is totally normal. It is important to listen to your body and to keep changing workouts to keep your muscles guessing. So after this weekend I will evaluate my workouts and change them up. Dan and I are signing up for a triathlon in Rocky Point mid April if anyone is interested in joining us. Setting a goal...paying for an event...and working towards it is a great way to get motivated. I am really excited to start swimming and biking instead of just running all the time. Seriously if you want to start endurance events and have a cheap fun vacation come join us with the Las Palomas Triathlon. http://www.redrockco.com/las-palomas-triatlon-0

1 comment:

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Tara! I never knew you had this blog! I love it! Seriously it is so hard to get motivated and I am getting so excited reading your blog! You're awesome!