Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ragnar Relay!

ALL YOU GOT TO DO IS FIND 11 FRIENDS WHO LIKE TO...

RUN, RUN, & RUN...

EAT ON THE GO...

SLEEP ANYWHERE...

AND RIDE FOR 202.1 MILES IN A VAN FOR 35 HOURS!!


And you will have the time of your life! This last weekend was our Ragnar Relay Del Sol from Prescott to Mesa. The Ragnar Relay's are a running race with 11 teammates. Each person runs 3 legs unless you run the ULTRA way with only 6 people on a team and each does 6 legs. Well we did it with 12 people. It was a 202.1 mile run. My sister Cari got us into this 2 years ago for the first Del Sol race and there were 75teams. This year, only 2 years later, there were 220 teams.

Each team has 2 vans of 6. While one van is running the other van is waiting, eating, and trying to sleep. Then when it is your vans time to run you are following each runner, giving them drink breaks, & cheering them on. It took us 33 hours of all day and all night running. A slap bracelet is the baton that is passed on to each runner at the exchange zones. Runner 1 also runs leg 13 & 25...and so on for all 12 runners. Each leg varied from 2.7 miles to 8.8 miles. So each person runs 3 different legs totally 13 miles - 22 miles depending on easy or difficult legs. Not to say anyone thought their legs were easy.

1 comment:

Carl and Rebecca Family said...

Tara! YOU ARE INCREDABLE! I am so overwhelmed. I need you to come and tell me everything I'm doing that isn't productive! I also wanted to ask you if you would teach my "BE healthy for you and your kids" class on March 12th... I thought it would be a good way to help encourage the ladies. (ME) anyway. I'll be calling you. I need HELP!